Our mission is the same as every evangelical church:
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
We wish to condense this is into a short statement:
Reach the Lost, Nurture Faith, Meet Family Needs
Let's build the mission:
Meet Family Needs
We are a church that ministers to the whole family. The whole family includes all families of our church. If you attend our church you are part of our family. If you have children or grandchildren as part of our childcare and preschool you are part of our family. When there is a need in the family, family helps. We want to meet as many tangible needs as we can. Everyone matters.
We believe Jesus wants you to commit to Him and then deepen your walk with Him. We want to nurture faith. Ways that we nurture faith include:
- Through the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17), the church family, and prayer. This is best when all three are together;
- Christian Connections for all ages that allow Christians to study the Bible and apply it to their lives;
- Various Bible studies through the week including Discipleship Training, a.k.a.: Spiritual Disciplines, and Bethel Bible study;
- Prayer partnerships and accountability groups that are encouraged;
- Various small groups including a periodic question and answer group, led by the Pastor;
- A Youth Ministry that tackles the deep questions of the faith;
- Open access with the Pastor to talk about spiritual concerns, challenges, and questions.
Nurturing Faith includes understanding the faith: Pastor Steve desires to talk with those who have doubts and help them seek answers. He is willing and ready to talk with any who may be atheists, agnostic, deists, or another faith and want to know more about becoming a Christian.
Reach the Lost
We believe you must know Jesus prior to spiritual growth. Once you commit your life to Jesus, you receive the Holy Spirit and He shepherds your spiritual growth (John chapters 14-17; Acts 2).
We desire to share Jesus with everyone, this goes back to our Scripture for the mission: Matthew 28:19-20
Also check out Acts 1:8
If you do not know Jesus, please call and talk with us. You may think, “What is the big deal about Jesus?” Here it is:
- God created us to be with Him. (Genesis 1-2)
- Our sin separated us from God. (Genesis 3)
- Sins cannot be removed by good deeds (Gen 4-Mal 4)
- Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again. (Matthew - Luke)
- Everyone who trusts in Him alone has eternal life. (John - Jude)
- Life that's eternal means we will be with Jesus forever. (Revelation 22:5)